Sunday, March 06, 2011

March!

Keep those months coming, we're getting closer to the ones I like! I'm so winter weary, at least today the sun is shining, which has been a rare thing around here lately.

This is the latest block I've finished from Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog. I'm still a couple of blocks behind, but I'll get caught up soon. I love these fabrics, can't wait to see the quilts that end up getting made from this project.


I've been spending a lot of time lately working on this batik quilt. It's a king size quilt, it was machine pieced and I'm hand quilting it now. Gone are the days when I could quilt as long as I'd like, now if I work too long I pay for it with a lot of arm and shoulder pain, stupid arthritis! Still, I'm making pretty good progress on it. Still haven't had a chance to hang it up and get a good picture, but with a little more sunshine peeking through, maybe I'll get around to that soon.

This sweet little block is something I found at an antique store in Shipshewana recently. We finally were able to make a trip down there, I was having withdrawls! This block and the next one were $1, my big purchases of the day.

Unfortunately it looks like someone washed this block, the outside edges are frayed and the fabrics are all wonky and won't iron down. Still, it's interesting. It was apparently meant to be a single block, judging from the yellow center block, but I've never seen a hexagon quilt made with such a large block. Here's a close up of the fabrics, aren't they great?

Time to head outside and help with firewood, hope you're all having a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home