Friday, July 01, 2011

2011 Quilt Show, Shipshewana, Indiana

I really have to apologize for the crummy photos, I was just having a bad camera day. Too many of them turned out blurry, and sometimes I only got part of the quilt because I was trying to shoot around people. I hope you can enjoy the quilts anyway!



This is named Austin's Quilt, made by Ruth Wilson of Madison, AL. She made it for her oldest grandson, he'll receive it when he marries or turns 35. Look at that quilting! I know some of you quilters are out there thinking, "I wonder if her grandson would like my granddaughter? Hmmmm..."



This quilt is absolutely delightful, I wish I'd taken shots of every block. Each of these little vignettes is so wonderfully done, it must have taken a lot of time to make, as you can imagine considering how many mini quilts this contains.


I wanted to include the picture above, as blurry as it is, to show these tiny little yo-yos!

The quilt is called American Quilters and their Quilts, made by Rosemary Youngs of Walker, Michigan.


This is the only shot that turned out of this beautiful fan quilt, and I missed getting the label. I believe it's Grandmother's Little Fans by Ruth Wilson. Such great quilting.




This is called Seaside Log Cabin, it was made by Muriel Olenik of Rockford, Illinois and quilted by Marlene Williams. The quilt has 2,047 strips of 1" and 1.5", and there are 140 seven inch blocks. This quilt is so striking & the machine quilting really makes it pop.

My photo of the label on this last quilt wasn't legible. I think it might be Antique Floral Bouquet by Jolene White, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows, please let me know.

I'll share more photos from the quilt show soon~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home