Wednesday, July 06, 2011

More Shipshewana quilt show pics

This lovely quilt is called Album Legacy, made by Maribeth Schmit of Cedarburg, Wisconsin.


I only have a photo of one block of the next quilt, the photo of the full quilt didn't turn out. It's called Dresden Star by Edyta Sitar, made by Julie Weller of Wyoming, Michigan. Really striking, the colors and fabrics she used are wonderful. Next is Around the Garden in Miniature, made by Rebecca Yoder of Bristol, Indiana. It's an original design. My daughter's hand is there to give you an idea of the size of this beauty, the applique work and quilting on this are just amazing.
Here's a little closer view. This incredible miniature quilt is also made by Rebecca Yoder, it's called Shortcut Around the Garden, and is also an original design. I wish I'd had a tape measure with me so I could tell you what the size was.
The quilt below is called Roses for Teresita, by Cathy Safiran of Shipshewana, Indiana.
The mexican rose center honors the real Teresita in
The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea. She gifted the Urreas with a duplicate quilt.
Okay, I know that I gush over every quilt, but this one is really awesome. It's called Touches of the Orient and was made by Jaynette Huff of Conway, Arkansas. The description says, "A guild challenge, an original design and setting with paper foundation, pieced, hand applique, proderie perse, wool and ultra suede leaves, machine quilted on my home machine." Hopefully you'll get to see this one in person someday because photos don't do it justice.
Below is The Church in the Wilderness- A River Runs Through It, made by Martha Snyder of Topeka, Indiana. It's a Piecemakers calendar quilt of churches and covered bridges, with ribbon embroidery and beads. It was up a bit high for me so I couldn't get close up photos too easily, do you think they'd object if I dragged in a stepping stool next year?

It has such wonderful detail work, really a work of art.
This last quilt is called Left-over Passion by Ruth Wilson of Madison, Alabama. She made it from leftover fabrics from another quilt and plans to give it to a grandchild when they marry. It's a treasure.

Look at the quilting on this, wow!
Hope you enjoyed the quilt show. Hopefully next year my daughter will take the pictures, ha!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Maribeth Schmit said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed my quilt, "Album Legacy." It was a pleasure to exhibit for the first time at this show. It was a thrill to win a first place ribbon for hand workmanship!
Maribeth Schmit
NQA Certified Quilt Judge
www.wiquiltjudge.com

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Ullan tilkut said...

The quilts are FANTATSIC! I love your works! It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world! :)
Ulla from Finland

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home