Friday, May 24, 2013

Kid's play kitchen

 I just wanted to show off the kitchen we made for our grandkids. It's not completely done, I'm looking for a small working clock to fill that empty space to the left of the small shelf. It was inspired by Pinterest, they have some great ideas for play kitchens (and tons of other things!) there. Below is the 'befor'e picture, it was a bedside cupboard that I used to keep my books and junk in. I got most of the parts at a local Habitat for Humanity store, and my husband made the shelf, the back wall and oven door for me.The oven has a little click on light inside so they can pretend they're cooking, and the bottom shelf is for storing their groceries. It's got a couple of hooks on the left side and a towel bar on the right. 
I hope they love it as much as I do, it would be great if they passed it down to the next generation. It's made sturdy enough to last, I think! My Dad made a little slide for my kids and we passed that on to the grandkids, I know my Dad would really like that. 
I took a long time to get it done, my husband did most of the work since he's so handy. I did the planning, shopping and painting, though! 
I'm still working on the quilt that I showed in my last post. I'm making good progress and love how it's turning out. I'll post some photos when it's done. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Kuijer said...

How cute! They will love it I am sure.

Hugs from Holland,
Heidi

5:44 AM  
Blogger working at life said...

Hi Sue,
It's me, Cheryl. I used to work at the Walmart in Plainwell/Otsego back from 1997 to 2001 when I moved back to FL. I used to work in the Fabric & Crafts Dept. I totally forgot about this account. Anyway, just wanted to say, Hello!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home